Just like humans, animals too deserve to live a good life. We see various cute animals whom we wish to buy or adopt. Dogs especially are the most loved animals. Spending just a little time with a dog helps you to relax and brings a drastic change in your mood. Having a dog makes you a better person as it includes responsibilities, patience, commitment, and selflessness.
Once you add a pet to your family, everything becomes colorful. However, sometimes you may realize that your pet is ill and his quality of life is fading slowly. That is the time when euthanasia is inevitable. Euthanasia is not an easy process, but it is the best way to return all the love and respect that your pet showered on you all these years.
The Zen Dog Veterinary Care PLLC is one of the best holistic veterinary serving in New York City, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, and Westchester. They are your pet’s health advocate who evaluates the symptoms of your pet, treats the issue, and promotes their long-term wellness. They also help you in planning and making decisions when you wish to euthanize your pet.
Before you perform euthanasia, you need to remember few points to make the process less stressful. Let us look at them.
Preparation Required for Your Pet’s Euthanasia at Home
- Saying goodbye to your dog can be the worst day of your life. However, you can make it one of the best days for your dog by feeding it something that it loves. Make sure you follow this step just before the euthanasia process.
- To perform euthanasia at home, you need to find the best spot, which is familiar and comfortable to your dog.
- The next step is to prepare the area where you will perform euthanasia. You need to keep a thick blanket on which the dog can lay during the procedure. This has two benefits. One, it will prevent leakage of any fluid. Two, you can wrap your dog in that blanket after the procedure is done.
- You can ask your relatives, friends, and neighbors to join to bid adieu to your dog.
- Euthanasia performed at home is very peaceful. Therefore, you can even let children above 7 years take part in it. This will help them to learn a healthy way of saying goodbye, which will aid them in future.
- Your other pets can also be present during the euthanasia if they are okay with strangers in the house.
- Allow the veterinarian to administer a sedative injection to your pet.
- You should keep speaking good and loving words to your dog to distract it during the sedative process. You can continue saying the soothing words even after sedation.
Therefore, if your dog is suffering from an incurable illness and you are planning to perform euthanasia of your pet at home, then you should contact Zen Dog Veterinary Care PLLC. Their professional vet will assist and help you carry the procedure serenely at home.